MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR
Responsible for collecting and evaluating all information provided on residential loan applications.
- Provide excellent service to members and real estate professionals.
- Order vendor documents necessary to process a mortgage loan: appraisal, title work, flood determination, MI.
- Contact insurance agent to obtain necessary insurance documentation and request changes to policy.
- Contact mortgage holders for payoffs.
- Contact employers for verifications of employment.
- Obtain termite reports and verify who is responsible for payment.
- Work with investor or government agency to obtain FHA case numbers, CAIVRS clearance, etc.
- Obtain documents from the borrower as indicated by the underwriter (asset documents, gift letters, letters of explanation, etc.)
- Interpret and clear findings from FNMA and Freddie Mac.
- Follow up with vendors, borrowers, and other parties involved with the loan transaction to obtain items necessary to process the file and to keep all parties updated.
- Deliver appraisal to borrower and obtain appraisal acknowledgement.
- Monitor LTV and DTI calculations as additional information is received to ensure loan is still within guidelines.
- Review and analyze all documentation received to verify that it is consistent with the member’s application and if not, to work on clarifying differences.
- Prepare the loan package according to investor or credit union stacking order and ship the package for underwriting.
- Work with staff in analyzing and solving situations that may arise during the loan processing and closing.
- Be familiar with federal and state regulations governing mortgage lending.
- Maintain effective communication with all credit union staff to ensure mortgage procedures are understood.
- Schedule closing with appropriate parties.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- One year minimum mortgage processing experience with a working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA loan products.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of first-mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations and agency requirements.
- Proficient analytical skills, with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to perform income analysis and analyze complex tax returns, including corporate, partnership and S-corporations.
- Proficient in using office equipment, including computers, calculators, fax machines, copy machines, typewriters, etc.
- Ability to perform both in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- National Mortgage Licensing System Requirements.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Go to main navigation