Member Relationship specialist
Perform cashiering functions and provide other administrative support as needed.
- Open new accounts, perform necessary file maintenance in the computer and ensure that membership cards are filled out properly and signed.
- Handle monetary transactions and retain appropriate documents for permanent records.
- Provide routine information concerning the credit union and its services.
- Balance cash drawer daily and show breakdown of remaining cash in drawer.
- Handle sales, money orders and savings bonds and forward appropriate paperwork to Accounting Department.
- Refer member to correct department when information is requested regarding the department.
- Process night depository transactions.
- File membership cards from all offices and process closed accounts on a timely basis. (NSA Branch)
- Handle balancing of ATM(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, Associates degree in Business or related field preferred. Work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience in the use of PCs, calculators, and other office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
First South Financial is offering a sign-on bonus for Member Relationship Specialist/Universal Teller positions hired after July 31st, 2021! New hires will receive $250 on their first paycheck, $500 following 90 days of employment, and $500 following one year of employment (applicable taxes and withholdings). For qualified candidates, First South Financial will also beat your current rate of pay (applies only to same or similar line of work).
For qualified candidates, currently in a similar role, we will beat your current pay rate!Go to main navigation