Work closely with SVP of Technology & Innovation, supervise & direct the workflow of the Systems Development Team, and manage the company’s Symitar core processing system.
- Conducts management duties such as planning, organizing, controlling, and communicating
- Trains and motivates systems development staff in order to achieve optimum efficiency
- Develops and implements department goals
- Maintains Symitar core processing platform including, configuration, data validity, programming changes, and security audits
- Coordinates with Symitar EASE to implement bi-annual releases, service packs, and automated processing
- Provides secondary off-hour support for core systems processing and connectivity
- Manages custom programming and product development for all departments
- Implements, maintains, and improves remote services including but not limited to online banking and online account opening
- Prepares various reports as requested by senior leadership
- Maintains an understanding of all functional areas of the credit union in order to assist in process optimization and automation
- Works with third-party vendors to maintain and implement various systems and processes including but not limited to Jack Henry, PSCU, Lumin Digital, and Access Softek
- Collaborates with SVP of Technology & Innovation to maintain a short- and long-range strategic plan for the development team that meets current needs and anticipates future needs
- Performs other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Information & Technology. Extensive experience will be considered in place of formal education
- Extensive familiarity with Symitar core processing platform & PowerOn programming language
- In-depth knowledge of overall Credit Union operations
- In-depth knowledge of technology solutions
- Extensive credit union experience and proven management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see, and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift, or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation