your new First South Financial Account
here's some information to help you get started
First things first. Thank you for banking with us!
We appreciate the fact that you have many choices when it comes to financial institutions, and we deeply appreciate the fact that you have chosen us to handle all of your banking needs.
Since we're a credit union, we're a not-for-profit financial cooperative that is owned by everyone who banks with us. That's why all members are required to have a saving account with a $25 minimum balance. It's what makes you a partial owner of the credit union. And since the savings account is required, there are no monthly service fees associated with this account. A one-time $10 membership fee may also apply.
Next steps for access to your account
Now that your account has been opened, there are a few things you'll need to set up in order to have full access to your account.
- Online banking - accessible from the home page on our web site, just click on the "need a username?" link under the online banking login box. Set your user name and password and you're all set!
- Mobile banking - download our mobile app today! Just search for "First South Financial" in your device's app store.
- Estatements - the safe and secure way to access your statements. If you opened your account online, you will receive estatements automatically. A notification will be sent to the email address we have on file to let you know when your statement is ready for viewing. If you opened your account at a banking center or when we visited your employer, your account type may dictate whether or not you must enroll in estatements.
- ClickSWITCH - If you're moving to First South from another financial institution, this FREE service allows you to use an online portal to transfer all of your direct deposits and automatic bill payments from your old account to your new one with us. Just call us at 901-380-7400 to get your ClickSWITCH code to get started!
- Direct Deposit - If you need to set up direct deposit - you can log into online banking to find the informaton you need or call us at 901-380-7400 and we'll be happy to help you. Our ABA routing number is 284085375.
Other important information
Here are some other things you need to know:
- If you ordered a Visa Debit Card when you opened your account, it will arrive in 5 to 7 business days after your account has been funded. When you call to activate your card you will be prompted to set up your 4 digit PIN at that time so please stay on the line! If you forgot to order one, no problem! Just give us a call at 901-380-7400 and we can help you.
- If you opened your checking account online, you have an @nywhere checking account. It offers some great benefits for managing your account via our online and mobile platforms.
- If you opened your checking account at one of our banking centers or when we visited your employer,we have different checking options that were discussed with you at account opening. Not sure which one you have? Want to open one now? Just stop by any of our banking centers or give us a call at 901-380-7400 and we'll be happy to help you.
Disclosures & FAQs
Listed below are some links to some of our account disclosures and FAQs that you may want to bookmark or download and keep for your reference.
Go to main navigation