Risk Management Collector
Monitor negative share accounts and delinquent loans. Ensure proper recording of liens and collateral is properly insured.
- Maintain applicable records.
- Provide member service when needed.
- Make collection calls on negative share accounts and loans daily.
- Send accounts to the collection company once they are charged off in our system.
- Reports to collection company when a member has paid in full.
- Place warning in member accounts as needed.
- Maintain list of all new auto loans for the purpose of recording liens in a timely manner.
- Ensure all liens are recorded.
- Release liens and/or titles as appropriate.
- Apply for lost or misplaced titles.
- Assist various state agencies regarding members’ applications for titles.
- Maintain updated state listing of title laws.
- Maintain adequate records to ensure insurance coverage is in force until payoff of collateral loan.
- Handle cancellations, renewals and changes affecting protection of loan collateral.
- Process and review all forced placed insurance.
- Liaison between credit union and insurance providers.
- Process death claims.
- Prepare GAPP billing and claim processing.
- Initiate repossessions on accounts when necessary.
- Access all available skip tracing tools, such as reports from credit bureaus, etc.
- Contact references, neighbors and relatives as warranted.
- Liaison with attorneys and /or bankruptcy court officials.
- Advise Management of accounts that require special handling.
- Forward accounts to locater services as required.
- Recommend and prepare accounts for charge-off.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, Associates degree in Business or related field preferred. Work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience in the use of PCs, calculators, and other office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Go to main navigation