Network system administrator
Responsible for maintaining computer networks and solving any problems that may occur.
- Ensure Information Systems and Network computing systems are operating efficiently, and computing standards are implemented and enforced: install, upgrade and monitor software and hardware.
- Responsible for monitoring host systems and peripheral equipment for the purpose of uninterrupted core data processing and batch program jobs.
- Maintain essential network infrastructure, phone systems, operations systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, email, PCs, local and mid-range server hardware, backups and recoveries.
- Recommend and research enhancements to system key components
- Analyze problems and provide technical assistance to solve them
- Communication and arrange with vendors for upgrades, patches and replacement of software and hardware products.
- Perform duties of a LAN/WAN Admin to ensure working conditions of workstations including software license management.
- Perform network troubleshooting.
- Adhere to IT policy standards for use, operations and security of network, personal computers and data including coordination of network schedule, backups, and downtime with users.
- Support with Help Desk Assistance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
BS/BA in computer Science; or demonstrated comparable professional experience, required.
Two year plus experience in an Enterprise Network Administration or similar role.
Demonstrated pro?ciency in two or more of the following core systems: VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco networks, Storage Area Networks.
One or more Certi?cations (CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, CCSP, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP) required. Related/comparable certi?cation(s) and/or experience considered.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation