Mortgage operations manager, mortgage department
Works closely with the Mortgage Processing and Servicing Team to oversee daily openrations of the mortgage department.
- Manage mortgage operations staff by:
- Coordinating overall workflow.
- Developing, documenting, and updating processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies.
- Ensuring appropriate training needs are met.
- Creating and/or providing access to tools, resources, and guidelines.
- Assisting with complex file issues and using these scenarios as learning opportunities.
- Ensure that the mortgage department delivers the highest quality service possible.
- Work with the mortgage management team to ensure compliance to mortgage regulations.
- Write and update QC, Underwriting, and other In-House Lending Policies.
- Serve as administrator for LOS and Servicing System. Program, test, and perform updates as necessary.
- Build, maintain, and monitor vendor relationships to ensure that service level agreements are met and communication is efficient.
- Research new products and services offered by vendors to the mortgage industry, including exploratory calls with the vendor and assessing cost vs. benefit.
- Write proposals for senior management recommending consideration of new vendors.
- Build, maintain, and monitor investor relationships to ensure that service level agreements are met and communication is efficient.
- Set up and administrate mortgage vendor websites, including integration with LOS.
- Build and maintain relationships with other credit union departments to build awareness and educate others on mortgage lending, as well as identify room for growth, efficiency, and improvement.
- Work with SVP of Mortgage Lending, Sales Manager, and Marketing to develop products and procedures to enhance the credit union’s product mix and boost overall loan sales.
- Perform employee evaluations and monitor employees’ progress.
- Hire and retain the best personnel available.
- Manage the incentive plan for mortgage operations staff.
- Collaborate with the mortgage management team to set goals and plan for staffing needs.
- Assist in developing a dynamic vision for the mortgage department that fits into the organizations short and long-term goals.
- Provide leadership and set an example for employees concerning manner, dress and professionalism.
- Commit to self-improvement via seminars, classes, and trade related readings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Senior Vice President of Mortgage Lending.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business related field, preferably with related Master’s Degree. Extensive experience will be considered in the place of formal education.
- An in-depth knowledge of mortgage lending and servicing.
- 3+ years of mortgage management experience.
- Proven experience in managing a full service mortgage department.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Go to main navigation