MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR
The Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) proactively solicits residential mortgage business and sells in-house and secondary market mortgage products to meet established production goals. They will continually identify, develop and maintain a network of real estate professionals that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. The MLO responds to member inquiries and referrals that can come from Credit Union employees or from their own referral sources. The MLO should provide excellent customer service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA.
- Develop referral relationships through marketing, prospecting and networking activities
- Participate in events that promote home ownership
- Meet with prospective members and review/analyze credit and financial data provided
- Determine the members financing and objective goals
- Explain guidelines for in-house and secondary market products so the member can make an informed choice of the product that best suits their needs
- Discuss pricing options and lock the members interest rates as directed by the member
- Collect supporting documentation as required and provide complete package to the LOA
- Work with LOA, Processors, and Closer to ensure all conditions are met to obtain a clear to close and all the way through Closing
- Attend as many loan closings as possible to ensure member satisfaction throughout
- Complete all required First South compliance training in a timely manner
- Maintain thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies and procedures
- Perform all job functions in accordance to First South Financial policies and procedures
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- One-year minimum mortgage processing experience with a working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, USDA and VA loan products.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Mortgage sales experience in conventional, FHA, USDA and VA products preferred
- Working knowledge of Down Payment Assistant Program in states in which we have a footprint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of first-mortgage real estate lending practices, including federal regulatory requirements, state regulations and agency requirements.
- Proficient analytical skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Proficient in using office equipment, including computers, calculators, fax machines, copy machines, etc.
- Ability to perform both in a team environment and independently as needed.
- Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proven experience in meeting sales goals, goal-setting and member relations.
- National Mortgage Licensing System Requirements.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Go to main navigation