Member Relationship Specialist - Call Center
Provide exceptional member service. Handle member questions and requests in a friendly, efficient and professional manner. Process member transactions at the first point of credit union contact. Eliminate excessive transfers to other departments by providing the appropriate information and/or solving problems for members.
- Provide deposit, loan rate, and service information.
- Explain features and benefits of all credit union products and services.
- Process funds transfers between accounts.
- Receive information to provide to a MSC manager for processing of a Credit Union Money Orders (CUMOS) and wire transfer requests.
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of information disseminated to members.
- Recommend credit union products and services to members, as appropriate.
- Increase awareness, and to increase member use of all credit union services.
- Be a convenient transaction processing option for members, to market products and services, or to generate loan volume.
- Provide account information: balances, check clearings, deposit postings and statement information.
- Know and be able to interpret available data in computer system, including pulling and analyzing daily cash advance machine reports.
- Direct calls for more in depth information to correct department.
- Explain procedure and initiate stop payments.
- Explain procedure and initiate name and address change.
- Provide membership information: field of membership qualification and new account initiation.
- Provide information on new and on-going promotions.
- Assist members with problems and complaints: providing resolve when at all possible.
- Keep abreast of all credit union product and procedure changes.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, Associates degree in Business related field preferred. Work experience will be considered in place of formal education.
- Working knowledge of computer system.
- Professional and pleasant telephone etiquette.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Great listening skills.
- Exceptional product and service knowledge.
- Problem solving skills.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation