Member Experience Specialist
Perform Financial Concierge Services for our members and guests at our Administration Building. This position will provide best in class sales and service to First South Financial members, employees and guests. Acting as concierge for the administrative office requires strong listening skills, excellent customer service, an outgoing personality and an individual that is sales and service focused.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the Credit Union in a prompt and professional manner.
- Responsible for greeting members and visitors at the Administration Buildings doors and answering phone calls.
- Provide excellent member service by recommending appropriate deposit, loan or other banking products. Employee must become an expert in credit union product lines and offerings.
- Develop and maintains customer relationships by calling on prospective customers, identifying prospects, establishing suitable methods of contact and determining appropriate products and/or services.
- Support Online Account Opening, Investment Services, and Mortgage Originators with daily needs.
- Refer opportunities to ancillary lines of business.
- Assist with various transactions and daily operating requirements:
- Handle monetary transactions and retain appropriate documents for permanent records.
- Balance cash drawer daily and show breakdown of remaining cash in drawer.
- Handle sales, money orders, and bank checks and forward appropriate paperwork to Accounting Department.
- Educate our members on our banking products, services, and technologies.
- Effectively resolve member issues/concerns and assist members with any account inquiries regarding deposits, loans, or any other credit union services.
- Identify and cross sell banking products and credit union services to members.
- Adheres to all operational, security, risk, and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Sort and deliver mail items daily.
- Coordinate building events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3 years related experience
- High school diploma, Associates degree in Business or related field preferred. Work experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Experience in the use of PCs, calculators, and other office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have prompt, regular attendance, a sense of urgency, self-motivation and discipline.
- Detail oriented.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation