Commercial Banking Officer
The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for advising business customers of the banking products available to meet their financial needs. Is responsible for evaluating the customer’s application and credit worthiness and recommending approval of a loan and other bank products, when appropriate. This position is responsible for meeting production goals, following up on referrals, and promoting products and services.The Commercial Banking Officer is responsible for advising business customers of the banking products available to meet their financial needs. Is responsible for evaluating the customer’s application and credit worthiness and recommending approval of a loan and other bank products, when appropriate. This position is responsible for meeting production goals, following up on referrals, and promoting products and services.
- Develops and maintains member relationships by calling on existing or prospective members, including identification of prospects, suitable method of contact and determination of their needs and appropriate products and/or services.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their financial needs, explain the types of loans and other banking products available. Discuss options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Obtains information for loan applications and other banking products, explain the process and answer questions.
- Analyzes applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtains and compiles copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Manages the loan application through the underwriting process to decisioning.
- Stays well-informed of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet members’ needs.
- Stays abreast of regulatory compliance requirements, loan policy and operating guidelines.
- Reviews and updates credit and loan files.
- Submits applications for underwriting and analysis, as applicable.
- Submits necessary documents to Commercial Banking Specialist for generation of loan documents.
- Closes and funds loans within authority.
- Manages credit and collection of payments up to 30 days’ delinquent for the life of the loan.
- Monitors loan documents, including loan agreements to ensure borrower is in compliance with terms throughout life of loan.
- Handles customer complaints as needed and takes appropriate action to resolve them.
- Participates in outside community and charitable organizations on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Manages daily NSF as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products, in particular Word and Excel; Financial information systems; Internet research when appropriate.
Extensive background in financial institution operating policies and procedures and regulations including a thorough understanding of financial institution products and services.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry information such as customer financial statements, tax returns, and complex technical documents.
Ability to effectively present information to management in verbal and written format.
Ability to work with a team and members of other departments of known concepts.
Ability to follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems and collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying; taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Ability to communicate orally to others to convey information effectively.
Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of those arithmetic, algebra, statistics, and their applications specific to the position.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
Local travel is occasionally required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation