business development specialist
Assist in developing First South’s Business Development function. Attract and Retain new Businesses and train employees who oversee @Work Events or Business Relationships.
The overall goal is to make First South’s Business Relations efforts an outstanding industry example in terms of sales and service.
- Maintain relationships with current member companies
- Recruit new companies into the field of membership.
- Conduct on site enrollments and presentations on First South’s products and services.
- Serve as the main point of contact for our Team for any Business Development questions or training.
- Increase product penetration among members from selected companies through direct selling, informational seminars and other methods.
- Assist in the development and execution of promotions for our @Work member companies, Business Expos and other events.
- Actively call and visit both new and existing @Work Businesses to ensure the relationships are as productive and profitable as possible. Work with all team members of the Marketing department to achieve Credit Union objectives.
- Investigate new avenues and venues for serving our existing and new @Work member companies.
- Execute @Work upgrade and communication strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
- One year experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of all product lines
- Sales skills are required
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Publisher)
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation