business development - branch manager
Assist in supervising all phases of the branch operations and actively seek to grow market presence.
- Actively involved in civic organizations in the community
- Develop partnerships with area businesses, universities, and dealerships to grow membership and loan base
- Conduct management duties such as: planning, organizing, controlling, motivating, and communicating.
- Development and implementation of goals.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of monthly board reports.
- Provide leadership and set an example for employees concerning manner, dress, attitude, and professionalism.
- Responsible for determining that proper control and individual accountability of cash and the handling of cash, as well as daily bank deposits are properly controlled and handled in accordance with the regulations and accepted accounting principles.
- Verifies cash in the possession of tellers, cash in the vault and ATM as directed by credit union policy.
- Recommends revisions to branch policies and procedures. Develops new policies and procedures for approval by upper management.
- Institutes and implements branch procedure changes as requested.
- Approves all sick leave, annual leave, administrative leave, overtime, and timecards for the branch.
- Ensures that proper housekeeping procedures are followed.
- Responsible for keeping sufficient supplies and forms to carry on day to day business.
- Perform employee evaluations and make recommendations.
- Supervise all activities, including implementation of established procedures.
- Develop, train and motivate staff in order to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Perform other duties as required.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, preferably with related Master’s degree. Extensive experience will be considered in the place of formal education.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of PCs, calculators, fax machines and copiers is necessary.
- Must be goal-oriented and highly-motivated individual.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to handle member concerns and problems, meet deadlines, prioritize and be able to handle multi-tasks as well as exhibit solid decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills are necessary.
- Presentation skills that include the ability to speak in meetings within the organization and also represent the credit union in front of large groups at outside functions such as seminars or visits to other credit unions.
- In-depth knowledge of Loan and teller functions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation