assistant branch manager - Southaven, MS
Assist in supervising all phases of the branch operations.
- Supervise all activities, including compliance of established procedures.
- Responsible for assuming the responsibilities of a senior loan interviewer.
- Interview and assist members with loans tailored to their particular financial needs.
- Handle complaints registered by members involving the branch in the absence of the Branch Vice President.
- Ensure proper control and individual accountability of cash is maintained.
- Assist in promoting good public relations with members and the general public.
- Actively involved in civic organizations in the community.
- Process necessary paperwork to ensure all procedures are followed and in compliance. Some examples include: note, security agreements, financing statements, co-signer confirmation statement (when required), waiver of exemption, payroll deduction authorization, transfer authorization, check, vehicle title forms, verification of income, etc.
- Issue certificates and IRA’s, handle IRA withdrawals, and assist members with investment questions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND/OR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field, preferably with related Master’s Degree. Extensive experience will be considered in the place of formal education.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of PCs, calculators, fax machines, and copiers is necessary.
- Must be a goal-oriented and highly-motivated individual.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to handle member concerns and problems, meet deadlines, prioritize and be able to handle multi-tasks as well as exhibit solid decision making skills.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills are necessary.
- Presentation skills that include the ability to speak in meetings within the organization and also represent the credit union in front of large groups at outside functions such as seminars or visits to other credit unions.
- In-depth knowledge of Loan and teller functions.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear for extended periods of time.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The ability to reach, move, lift or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel is occasionally required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Full Time
First South Financial Credit Union is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.Go to main navigation